Called To Serve

Ecuador Guayaquil North Mission. August 2014 ~ August 2016

Thursday, September 25, 2014

9/24/2014 - Arrival in Ecuador


So I'm here! It was a very long day of travel that's for sure. On the plane we all realized how in trouble we are in with the language. The announcements were made in Spanish and many of the people around didn't know English. Oh my gosh!

The first night there were transfers going on and I was so lost. There were about 25 Elders at the house and Spanish was flying. Some of the native speakers have pretty good English, others do not. Tomorrow we go to the Temple and after that we get shipped off to our new areas with our trainers. I'm excited to start doing the work. Hopefully the language comes fairly quickly for me.

Love.
Elder Roberts



2 comments:

  1. I love that you guys are so great about keeping this blog updated! I LOVE reading these posts and I'm so glad he is having such a great experience. I just love him and love you guys too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kiki! I always wonder if anyone is actually checking in here or not. We got a nice long letter with lots of pictures yesterday. I hope to get it all uploaded sometime today. I just need to find a little extra time and figure out pic breaks/text wrapping stuff on blogspot.
    Love you too!
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete